Ammonium Chloride (NH4Cl) is an inorganic, white crystalline salt substance. It is highly water-soluble and mildly acidic and is prepared commercially by reaction of ammonia (NH3) with hydrogen chloride.
NH3 + HCl → NH4Cl
This substance is also formed on burning coal dumps due to condensation of coal-derived gases. It is found around some types of volcanic vents as well. Ammonium chloride is obtained as a by-product in different chemical processes, particularly from the Solvay process for production of sodium carbonate from sodium chloride, ammonia, carbon dioxide and water.
Commercial type of NH4Cl is produced in different grades including industrial, food, feed with different purity and application.
Some of main application of Ammonium Chloride is as below:
- As electrolyte in dry cells
- Constituent of galvanizing, tinning, and soldering fluxes to remove oxide coatings from metals and thereby improve the adhesion of the solders.
- Component of many proprietarycold medicines and cough remedies because of its efficacy as an expectorant
- In veterinary medicine, it is used to prevent urinary stones in goats, cattle, and sheep.
- In glue helping to bond plywood
25 Kg Bag / 25Kg bag in Jumbo Bag
Hyperlink for Ordering: